CIES (International Centre for Sports Studies) organises a symposium marking 20 years of scientific and academic activities.
The symposium will gather various speakers whose expertise will help to better understand this complex issue as well as to highlight the steps which have already been taken or still need to be introduced to detect and stop manipulations of competitions. This special day will be attended by the following speakers:
- Octavian Bivolaru: Senior Legal Counsel - FIFA
- Pierre Cornu: Judge - Cantonal Court of Neuchâtel
- Madalina Diaconu: Associate Professor - University of Neuchâtel
- Michael Emde: Attorney at Law - Bochum, Germany
- Ralf Mutschke: Director of Security - FIFA
- Denis Oswald: Hon. Professor - University of Neuchâtel, Director - CIES
- Pierre-Charles Pradier: Professor - University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Thierry Pujol: Director of Sport Integrity - Française des jeux, Paris
- Wilhelm Rauch: Head of Legal Services - Swiss Federal Office of Sport
- Laurent Vidal: Professor - University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
DATE AND TIE
Wednesday 20th January 2016 from 9:00 to 16:30 (doors open at 8:30).
University of Neuchâtel, Aula des Jeunes-Rives, Espace Louis-Agassiz 1, 2000 Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
French and English (simultaneous translation)
The symposium is a celebratory event and therefore entrance is free.
Due to the limited number of places available, registration is mandatory by sending your first name, last name and your organisation's name by no later than Friday 15th January 2016 at the address: events(at)cies.ch.